Protect yourself and your loved ones this winter season against flu with our private and NHS flu jab services. We offer free NHS flu vaccinations for eligible patients and also private flu vaccination service.
Why get a flu jab?
Flu is a contagious viral disease that can spread by coughing, sneezing or touching contaminated surfaces or people. Stay healthy and protect your friends, family and work colleagues by getting vaccinated. Last year community pharmacies administered over 1 million flu jabs in the UK. One of our pharmacists will carry out a consultation to ensure that the flu jab is safe and appropriate for you. You may ask any questions that you might have about flu vaccinations during this consultation.
Free NHS flu jabs
Flu can be serious in some patient groups as it can lead to further complications. The NHS free flu jab service provides free flu vaccination to these specific patient groups. We at Matlock Pharmacy may be able to offer you free NHS flu vaccinations if you are aged 65 or over (or will turn 65 by 31st of March 2021, or if you are aged 18 or over and you:
- Are pregnant.
- Have diabetes.
- Have asthma (using a preventer inhaler), COPD or other long term lung condition.
- Have a long term heart condition.
- Have a liver or kidney disease.
- Have a learning disability.
- Are severely overweight with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or above.
- Have a neurological condition, such as Parkinson's disease.
- Have a weak immune system or live with someone that has a weak immune system due to a medical condition, medication or treatment.
- Care for someone whose welfare may be at risk in case you are ill.
- Work as frontline health or social care worker within a residential or nursing home, a hospice or work for a care home provider.
- Are a resident of a nursing or long-stay residential home.
- Are aged 50-64 (the free NHS flu jab is available later in the year, the private flu jab is available now).
Our pharmacists will check your eligibility for the free flu vaccination during your consultation. If you are not eligible for the free NHS flu jab, you can get the private flu jab at a very competitive price at our pharmacy.
Private flu jab
Our pharmacy offers a private flu vaccination service. You will be able to protect yourself and your loved ones with the private flu jab services if you don’t qualify for the free NHS flu jab services. Our private flu jab service is very competitively priced.